DEmul v0.57 WIP
There is not so much visible changes for more than year of work, but much more internal changes, overall compatibility and graphics quality.
First of all, the new SH4 core now have full MMU support for interpreter/dynarec modes, which is slightly improved compatibility and allow to run most of the WinCE games fast enough to play.
Second significant change is that GPU subsystem now migrated to the DX11 interface (currently DX10-capable GPU is enough). From this version old DX9 GPU plugins (DXv3 and DXLegacy) are obsolete, although they are still supported and included in current package. Further development of the DX9 plugins is stopped for now.
And finally overall interface and usability changes. Emulator is now support 7zip romsets for the bioses and arcade systems, most of the protection/encryption formats for the arcade systems, many many new romsets added during last year and many previously unsupported games or game controllers now are supported.
The rest is the sound subsystem have some bug fixes, improving known problems. And yes, totally forgot about...
Now we have our proprietary netplay plugin, too new to work fine, and totally untested, so you are welcome to try.
No, model 3 emulation still in the same state (except some overall graphics and compatibility improvements, made previously) all work currently suspended in favor to much more active supermodel emulator. Keep up good work, Bart!
Not much work was done on the Naomi 2 subsystem too, there is no significant changes, just a little bit of fixes. DX11 support for Naomi 2 still imperfect and have some known issues, don't bother with that.
* AICA: fixed sound
* CORE: added 7zip support for roms
* CORE: added mmu support for dynarec
* CORE: fixed maple timers
* CORE: fixed memcards in WinCE
* CORE: fixed save states
* CORE: new sh4/ppc cores, improvements, bugfixes
* CORE: removed redundant gpu/spu multi threading
* GDR: added support for filenames with spaces to GDI
* GDR: fixed gdrImage plugin
* GDR: fixed thread mode
* GDR: removed redundant gdrDemul plugin
* GPU: fixed DX3 z-buffer bug
* GPU: new DX11 plugin featured order-independency transparency, object list multi-layered render simulation, translucent modifiers, aspect ratio support with hotkeys, two-pass postfilters, texture conversion on the GPU
* GUI: new VMS manager merged with maple devices, menu rearranging
* MODEL3: added little improvements, still no sound, not a priority since supermodel is here
* NAOMI: added M1/M2/M3/M4 decompression implementation, now all protections are emulated (thanks to Adnreas Naive, Deunan Knute, MAME and DU teams)
* NAOMI: added jvs standart touchscreen emulation (Touch De Uno! 2)
* NET: new proprietary network plugin added
* VMS: added default vms file to all ports