· review computeremuzone
Whenever we find something for Amiga we take a rush. And if it is a recent game, in a scene that in Spain does not have the power of 8-bit, even more.
Golden Wing is an Asteroids style game that, as its graphic designer tells us in the development tab, was intended to be made for two players, but in the end it was not possible.
A preliminary version was presented to the Capacitor Amiga Party, held in Malaga, obtaining the prize for the best game.
It has good graphics and sound, although it is surprising that there is no music on the menu (yes during the game), and the fun is guaranteed, the difficulty curve being perfectly designed.
Its main characteristics are the following:
- Completely written in 68k assembler.
- Up to 30 enemies on screen.
- re-drawn and hand drawn graphics in 16 colours + sprites.
- 3 different melodies in the game (3 channel Protracker + 1 echo channel mods).
- Various SFX, including voices.
8 different types of enemies, including end of phase.
- 4 enhancers. or power ups.
CopperSky, we are looking forward to seeing your next creation.
Visits: 6346 (#61
Toni Gálvez (material)