RULES AND FAQS

Foro oficial de nuestro primer concurso de Remakes, celebrado en 2007. || Official Forum of our first remakes compo, held in 2007.

Moderadores: CEZ, The Punisher

Responder
The Punisher
256 bits
256 bits
Contactar:

RULES AND FAQS

Mensaje por The Punisher »

Here you can find the rules for the compo, and ask any question, the CEZ Team will come to rescue you.
Curioso esto de escribir sobre la historia de los videojuegos. Uno puede ser arqueólogo y momia al mismo tiempo.

http://www.amigamania.com
De Amigueros, para Amigueros...
The Punisher
256 bits
256 bits
Contactar:

CONTEST RULES

CONTEST RULES

1. Remakes have to be from Spanish games.
2. No matter what nationality you are, as you always fulfill the rule # 1.
3. The Remakes can´t be updates or upgrade versions from games already published.
4. Remakes can be for every system or device.
5. Entries for the contest have to be in advanced status, at least a “Beta” version (playable version with more than 70% done).
6. Games have to be sent to CEZ Server before 31st of July 2007 at 00:00 hrs. (time in Spain). Beyond this time there won’t be more entries, but we’ll accept updates for entries until 10th of August if they fulfil rule # 5.
7. Results will be published in 30st September 2007, in Computer Emuzone website and other media.

PRICES

Prices are worth in more than 5.000 euros, and they will be given in the following categories:

1. Best Remake
2. Best Graphics
3. Best Sound (FX/Music)
Curioso esto de escribir sobre la historia de los videojuegos. Uno puede ser arqueólogo y momia al mismo tiempo.

The Punisher
256 bits
256 bits
Contactar:

Compo F.A.Q.

We have gathered some of the most usual questions about this remakes competition, if a new question comes to your mind, dont doubt about post it in our forum.

1 - In which systems can I code the remake?
Remakes can be coded for any system, actual or retro, for example:
1 - PC Windows
2 - Mac OS
3 - Linux
4 - Amiga
5 - Atari
6 - MSX 1 o 2
7 - Amstrad CPC
8 - Spectrum
9 - Commodore 64
10 - Java2Me (Mobile phones)
11 - Symbian (Mobile phones)
12 - Java
13 - Macromedia Flash
14 - Macromedia Shockwave
15 - Gameboy Advance
16 - GP32
17 - PSP
18 - Nintendo DS
etc…

2- I’ve been developing a game, can I release it for the competition?
Yes you can, as the game hasn’t been released before, and as well as the game is not an update of one you have developed before.

3- How much time do I have to develop my remake?
Time for development is from February 1st 2007 until July 31th 2007.

4- Do you think I have enough time to make a game?
Six months is more than enough to make a game, our advice is, if you don’t have previous experience, choose a simple game to remake, for example Michohobby (the magazine) games.

5- I want to develop a remake from an English company, can I do this?.
The aim of the competition is to create new remakes from Spanish classic games, so you can’t. All the remakes have to be from Spanish games, you have hundreds of them to choose from.

6- Can I release betas/images of the remake in my website?
Images are ok. Betas only can be linked to Computer Emuzone Forum created for this competition.
When winners are announced, games will become free distribution and you will be able to put wherever yo want.

7- Can I update a game once the deadline is over?.
Yes, you have 10 days more, from August 1st to update your game and correct bugs.
The game as it will be at August 10th will be the one that the jury will take into consideration.

8- Can I send several remakes to the competition?
If you have a lot of spare time and you want to make more games, there’s no problem on it. You can send your entries until the deadline.

9- Which format should I have to send my remake?
You better send them in a compressed format (.zip, .rar, etc…)

Leandro Correia
8 bits
8 bits

Mensaje por Leandro Correia »

Some questions:

- Do we have a prizes list? ;)
- Only the first in each category will be awarded?
- What´s the limit in size for the remakes?
- Where can we find a Computer Emuzone splash screen ?

Thanks!
Benway
Site Admin
Site Admin
Contactar:

Mensaje por Benway »

I think I can answer some of your questions ;) I hope you'll can excuse my really poor english ;)

- You can find the prizes list at the Compo's website, at this URL: http://retrocompo.computeremuzone.com/? ... ng_view=en
- There's no size limit for the games.
- The splash screen is coming: It will be "released" in a very very short time ;) (We are looking for the "perfect splash screen" :D)

I don't know what will be the prizes distribution exactly... I guess that Punisher can answer it, but I think we'll have more than 3 winners (1 for each categorie).
Un saludo.
Imagen - Imagen - Imagen
The Punisher
256 bits
256 bits
Contactar:

Leandro, follow the link posted by Benway and you can find the prizes list.

The distribution of the prizes isn't yet decided, but I think that almost three contestants of each category will have prizes.... If you are the winner of the "Best Remake" Category... you will have all the prizes!!!...

The splash screen will be ready next week... don't worry... :P

Leandro Correia
8 bits
8 bits

Mensaje por Leandro Correia »

Thanks! :)
Responder